Some devious little goblins have been robbing our merchants! When pursued, they simply open portals and disappear with a most aggravating chuckle. The peasantry seem to believe that the goblins serve a great demon lord known as Greed and furthermore, that their portals lead to Greed's domain! A ludicrous notion, truly.
— Abd al-Hazir
Treasure Goblins are small impish little creatures that carry a bag of loot on their backs. They flee immediately upon sight of any player or on damage, leaving a trail of gold coins behind in an attempt to distract the player from killing them. Eventually they try and escape through a portal, but if players can manage to kill it before it gets away it will drop considerable loot. Loot quality is further increased by Nephalem Valor stacks with extra guaranteed Rare or better items dropping with a full stack.
Goblins are a universal spawn, spawning in most monster infested areas of the game. The variant that spawns is random and unrelated to the area. Some large areas such as Vault of the Assassin can spawn multiple but generally only 1 will spawn in a given area. There seems to be a correlation between variant and the loot dropped. The loot that drops when fleeing is mostly gold but can be other items.
- Crowd Control Resistant
- Immune to most forms of debilitating crowd control.
- Will flinch very easily to most attacks.
- After flinching the monster will drop extra loot and run away rapidly dropping loot along the way. When triggered all applied debuffs are lost. Can only be used a few times before having to use Last Resort.
- For the first two times Flee is triggered the damage able to be received is capped at a fraction of the maximum life. This protects against powerful skills that would otherwise instantly kill.
- Last Resort
- An improved version of Flee that is triggered after a couple of Flee attempts. Extra speed, crowd control immunity and flinch immunity are applied making the goblin unstoppable. Also lasts longer than Flee. After use the Goblin can only use Escape as the flinch immunity will prevent further interruption.
- Channels a portal to the Lord of Greed's domain. After channeled for considerable time will disappear into the portal forever, not dropping any loot. Used once alerted to the presence of the party when standing idle. Can be interrupted by flinching.
- Goblin Treasure
- On death drops vast quantities of loot. Type of loot depends on variant. Nephalem Valor enhance the quantity and quality of loot rolls beyond attribute value.
- Treasure Bandit
- Treasure Goblin
- Drops Rare items.
- Treasure Pygmy
|Diablo III Bestiary|
|Bosses||Skeleton King • The Butcher • Maghda • Zoltun Kulle • Belial • Ghom • Siegebreaker Assault Beast • Maiden of Lust • Azmodan • Rakanoth • Izual • Diablo|
|Human||Dark Cultist • Dark Summoner • Dark Vessel|
|Demon||Activated Vessel • Armored Destroyer • Dark Berserker • Hellion • Imp • The Fallen Ones • Treasure Goblin • Winged Molok • Vile Hellbat|
|Undead||Crawling Torso • Dune Dervish • Ghoul • Grotesque • Risen • Skeletal Executioner • Skeletal Shieldman • Skeleton • Skeletal Archer • Tomb Guardian • Unburied • Walking Corpse • Wraith • Wretched Dead • Wretched Mother|
|Beast||Beast • Carrion Bat • Carrion Nest • Dune Thresher • Lamprey • Scavenger • Goatman • Goatman Shaman • Desert Wasp • Quill Fiend • Wood Wraith|