Gillian is the barmaid who works for Ogden in the town of Tristram in Diablo I. Her ailing grandmother prevents her from leaving the town despite Diablo's evil emanating from the labyrinth. Although rumors have it that she was planned to have a larger part in the game, in the finished game she is not directly related to any quest. She was presumably killed when Tristram was overrun by hellspawn, as a body is found where she stood, when the player goes to Tristram to rescue Deckard Cain in Diablo II.
- 1 Dialogue
- 1.1 Gossip
- 1.2 Gossip (About Gillian)
- 1.3 Quests
- Good day! How may I serve you?
- My grandmother had a dream that you would come and talk to me. She has visions, you know and can see into the future.
- The woman at the edge of town is a witch! She seems nice enough, and her name, Adria, is very pleasing to the ear, but I am very afraid of her. It would take someone quite brave, like you, to see what she is doing out there.
- Our Blacksmith is a point of pride to the people of Tristram. Not only is he a master craftsman who has won many contests within his guild, but he received praises from our King Leoric himself - may his soul rest in peace. Griswold is also a great hero; just ask Cain.
- Cain has been the storyteller of Tristram for as long as I can remember. He knows so much, and can tell you just about anything about almost everything.
- Farnham is a drunkard who fills his belly with ale and everyone else's ears with nonsense. I know that both Pepin and Ogden feel sympathy for him, but I get so frustrated watching him slip farther and farther into a befuddled stupor every night.
- Pepin saved my grandmother's life, and I know that I can never repay him for that. His ability to heal any sickness is more powerful than the mightiest sword and more mysterious than any spell you can name. If you ever are in need of healing, Pepin can help you.
- I grew up with Wirt's mother, Canace. Although she was only slightly hurt when those hideous creatures stole him, she never recovered. I think she died of a broken heart. Wirt has become a mean-spirited youngster, looking only to profit from the sweat of others. I know that he suffered and has seen horrors that I cannot even imagine, but some of that darkness hangs over him still.
- Ogden and his wife have taken me and my grandmother into their home and have even let me earn a few gold pieces by working at the inn. I owe so much to them, and hope one day to leave this place and help them start a grand hotel in the east.
Gossip (About Gillian)
- Corruption has the strength of deceit, but innocence holds the power of purity. The young woman Gillian has a pure heart, placing the needs of her matriarch over her own. She fears me, but it is only because she does not understand me.
- Gillian is a fine woman. Much adored for her high spirits and her quick laugh, she holds a special place in my heart. She stays on at the tavern to support her elderly grandmother who is too sick to travel. I sometimes fear for her safety, but I know that any man in the village would rather die than see her harmed.
- The gal who brings the drinks? Oh, yeah. what a pretty lady. So nice, too!
- Gillian is a nice lass. Shame that her gammer is in such poor health or I would arrange to get both of them out of here on one of the trading caravans.
- Gillian, my Barmaid? If it were not for her sense of duty to her grand-dam, she would have fled from here long ago. Goodness knows I begged her to leave, telling her that I would watch after the old woman, but she is too sweet and caring to have done so.
- Ogden's barmaid is a sweet girl. Her grandmother is quite ill, and suffers from delusions. She claims that they are visions, but I have no proof of that one way or the other.
- If I were a few years older, I would shower her with whatever riches I could muster, and let me assure you I can get my hands on some very nice stuff. Gillian is a beautiful girl who should get out of Tristram as soon as it is safe. Hmmm... maybe I'll take her with me when I go...
- When Farnham said something about a butcher killing people, I immediately discounted it. But since you brought it up, maybe it is true.
Poisoned Water Supply
- My grandmother is very weak, and Garda says that we cannot drink the water from the wells. Please, can you do something to help us?
The Curse of King Leoric
- I don't like to think about how the King died. I like to remember him for the kind and just ruler that he was. His death was so sad and seemed very wrong, somehow.
- Oh my! Is that where the sign went? My Grandmother and I must have slept right through the whole thing. Thank the Light that those monsters didn't attack the inn.
The Magic Rock
- Well, a caravan of some very important people did stop here, but that was quite a while ago. They had strange accents and were starting on a long journey, as I recall. I don't see how you could hope to find anything that they would have been carrying.
- The story of the magic armor called Valor is something I often heard the boys talk about. You had better ask one of the men in the village.
The Chamber of Bone
- I am afraid that I haven't heard anything about that. Perhaps Cain the Storyteller could be of some help.
Halls of the Blind
- If you have questions about blindness, you should talk to Pepin. I know that he gave my grandmother a potion that helped clear her vision, so maybe he can help you, too.
- I think Ogden might have some mushrooms in the storage cellar. Why don't you ask him?
The Anvil of Fury
- Griswold's father used to tell some of us when we were growing up about a giant anvil that was used to make mighty weapons. He said that when a hammer was struck upon this anvil, the ground would shake with a great fury. Whenever the earth moves, I always remember that story.
Warlord of Blood
- If you are to battle such a fierce opponent, may Light be your guide and your defender. I will keep you in my thoughts.
- I've never heard of a Lachdanan before. I'm sorry, but I don't think that I can be of much help to you.
- I remember Lazarus as being a very kind and giving man. He spoke at my mother's funeral, and was supportive of my grandmother and myself in a very troubled time. I pray every night that somehow, he is still alive and safe.
|Diablo I NPCs|
|Diablo I||Adria • Deckard Cain • Farnham • Gillian • Griswold • Kael Rills • Ogden • Pepin • Wirt|
|Hellfire||Celia • Complete Nut • Lester|